Monday, November 22, 2010

brrrrrr.....


OMG---it's officially COLD in Portland, Oregon!!  Fall is long gone and as winter closes in, the newest reality is that we are going to be working on this cart in the RAIN, SNOW, WIND and FREEZING COLD TEMPERATURES!  If you know me, you know that I despise being cold, but we powered through the 30 degree temps on Saturday to get a lot of work done on the cart.  No complaints...this is what we signed up for, right?



We moved on to cabinets this week.  The walls are UP and STURDY, which means we can get going on the interior stuff.  This has not proven to be an easy task...just ask Travis.  The cabinets were too long, so we had to cut them to size (and by "we" I mean Trav), and then had to cut the shelves to fit and the drawers to fit, etc.  WOW!  There may or may not have been a lot of cussing throughout the day, but we're halfway done and proud of our progress!  Once we get them mounted on the wall, we'll be able to lay the counters on top.

The most stubborn cabinet we bought because of the drawers.

Cutting the drawers to size...(Don't mess up....You only get one shot!)


Next up will be paint...I think I can handle this part.  (I'm really good at drilling, taking out screws, painting, measuring stuff, holding stuff, picking out the music and making cocktails when we get irritated or frustrated).  

Thanks to Denise Hanggi from W+K for donating the paint for this project...amazing!

Now the bigger question is, what color should I chose??


SIDEBAR:
Sorry about the delay in posts....I had to get outta Dodge and head to Vegas for a much needed vacation...BIG SHOUT OUT TO TWO OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD- JEN AND JUD.  I love you both and am so excited I got to spend some time with you--thanks for the continued support and excitement over The Grillery!  (Another thanks to Jud for teaching me how to play craps--and win!!--I might be going back to Sin City sooner than I thought...so fun!)
(Not Jud in this picture...he's a little camera shy, but Jen and I look cute so I had to post!)
View from our room at Caesar's Palace....sweeeet.

No comments:

Post a Comment